Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Can you guess...

...what this is going to be?

How about this?
 

Here's another hint...

And another...


Still need another hint?  I've been busy as a BEE putting these together....

You guessed it!  It's our new honey supers and frames/foundations for our bee hive!
You guys are so smart!

The nectar flow is coming soon, so we are preparing to add extra honey supers to our hive.  The bees made it through the winter and are going strong and loving these warm days!  Our existing hive is blue and I painted the honey supers yellow to add some pizazz to our hive! (But, clumsy me, I dropped my camera before I could get a picture of the finished boxes...RIP my poor little camera!)  This year we hope to collect honey from our bees so stay tuned for this will be a bzzzzy summer!

5 comments:

  1. I would love to have bees. But, I'm a little squeemish when it comes to messing with them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lots of fun! Its so cool to work with them, but sometimes it does take nerves of steel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I got a Beekeeping for Dummies book for Christmas. But, we're getting chickens this year so only one new thing at at time. But next year.... look out.
    I'll be interested to see how it works for you.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, how fab! At first I was thinking a compost bin, but you already have one of those, don't you?

    Have decided that the boys and I are going to build a chicken coop this summer for a Big Summer Project. Wish we could have bees, too!

    xofrances

    p.s. planted my early spring garden yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is that! Yayy for bees!

    ReplyDelete