Thursday, December 30, 2010

That sure is crafty!

Since all of my loved ones have received their gifts for this holiday season, I have decided to post a few pictures of some of the things I did.  Me being horrible about taking pictures, I failed to get pictures of all of the baskets I put together.  Oh well, I guess you will have to use your imagination!

Hubby and I were doing mostly homemade gifts this year.  Most of our friends and family received canned jams and pickles, homemade bread, and homegrown crushed hot pepper.  I also tried my hand at some homemade ornaments and other crafty things. 


Here are a few of the wine cozies I made....I got the pattern from here




And some of the coffee cozies I made....I got the pattern from Erin over at House on Hill Road



And I also made some adorable bird ornaments, but forgot to take a picture before I gave them away :-)  You can check out the pattern and tutorial over at The Purl Bee  

All of these homemade gifts inspired me to redo our office to make it more functional for crafting and general use.  Plus, Hubby got awfully tired of seeing my sewing mess strewn around the dining room table!  So I spent the last two days painting our office and the last week or so, gathering various pieces of furniture.  I am so excited about my new craft room/functional office!  It is not complete yet, so I will post pictures when I am done.  In the meantime, I have to say I am very happy with the outcome of our homemade gifts and I look forward to coming up with some new ideas in the near future!  What better way to spend the cold winter days! What kinds of crafty stuff did you do for the holiday's?  

1 comment:

  1. I didn't do much crafty things, although I really wanted to. I NEED a place to do crafts and such. Your cozys are very cute!

    ReplyDelete