Spiced Blueberry Honey Jam
from the Complete Book of Small-Batch Preserving
2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen coarsely chopped bluenerries
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup liquid honey*
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 pouch liquid fruit pectin
* Use local honey if available to support your local beekeepers (and add the flavors of your local flora). If you don't have access to local honey, be sure to use organic or high quality honey that is not cut with corn syrup.
1. Place blueberries, sugar, honey, lemon juice and nutmeg in a large stainless steel saucepan.
2. Bring to a full boil over high heat and boil hard for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and stir in pectin.
4. Ladle into hot jars and process for 10 minutes in your boiling water canner...follow directions for your canner for processing jams.
Enjoy! This recipe yielded four 8oz jelly jars.