Monday, November 28, 2011

You know you are a country girl...

...when even your insulin pump plays bluegrass tunes!  I got my new insulin pump last week.  The warranty on my old one had expired and it was time for a change.  I am very excited about my new pump.  It has a few more bells and whistles and the data program (charting and graphing of data from pump and meter) is pretty awesome.  Not to mention, the blood glucose meter is also a remote control for my pump.  So no more digging the pump out of my bra strap when I need to bolus.  (That's a pretty picture isn't it?).

Anyway, for those of you unfamiliar with insulin pumps, you generally can set alarms to remind you to check your blood sugar and for various warnings and such.  My old pump only did boring little beeps.  My new pump has songs!  Not only can you change the tunes using the computer program, but you can also compose (yes I said COMPOSE!) your own tunes for your pump.  So my hubby, being so musically inclined...has now programed my pump to play Dueling Banjos when it's time to check my blood sugar.  I wonder how long it will take for that to get old!
 My new pump

In other news, we had a nice relaxing Thanksgiving up at the mountain with hubby's family.  He and his dad spent some time mountain biking and hunting grouse and I got a chance to hike with my MIL and Waylon.  We also got a nice visit from some friends of the family (go here to see pictures of their visit) who headed up the mountain after picking out Christmas trees at a local farm.  Saturday afternoon, Hubby and I took the new UTV down into the woods to do some target shooting with his pistol.





 See those two holes right in the middle of the can?  I made those..yessiree!  Oh and I feel that I must clarify, that the beer can was not ours...we just did our part by picking up someone else's trash, shooting at it and then disposing of it properly :-)
The only time you can get hubby to smile in a picture is when he is shooting guns or paddling in a kayak :-) 

The weekend was wonderful and relaxing and left me feeling awfully lazy today...hey, there is no reason I can't prolong my vacation by one more day...right?  Tomorrow it's back to the real world...and by the real world I mean holed up in my craft room putting the finishing touches on Christmas gifts.  I hope you and yours had a wonderful Holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Does that pump make you a "high tech redneck"? lol. Glad your Thanksgiving was a good one.

    ReplyDelete