Sunday, November 13, 2011

Being an elf in a new skirt

So lately I have been a hermit.  Spending hours at a time in my craft room, only venturing out for short trips to the kitchen for food and walks with my neighbor and the dog.  I have been avoiding running errands and trips out of the house because I am not digging this colder weather and I have been turning out Christmas gifts like some of Santa's Elves.  On any given day you will find me sitting at my table, in front of the space heater and burning through my Netflix queue while I stitch away!  Before it got cold, I was getting a little discouraged with myself because I was having trouble getting motivated to work on crafty things.  So this long stretch of craftiness for Christmas has been quite therapeutic.  

I am really excited about some Christmas gifts I am working on, but unfortunately I can't really show them to you since recipients of those gifts often visit this blog!  I guess that will give me plenty to post after the Christmas Holiday.

I did take a break this morning from my Elf duties to make a pleated, denim skirt that is now my new favorite piece of clothing!  I used Simplicity Pattern 2215.  In the summer I made a red cotton skirt with the same pattern, which is quickly becoming one of my favorites for skirts!  Not to mention that this skirt gives me the perfect reason to wear my Frye boots!




3 comments:

  1. Love the skirt! And the boots!

    I've been a bit hermity, too, lately, doing a lot of quilting. I've been thinking, though, that you and I should take a trip to Hillsborough one of these days, stop by the yarn store, get a cup of coffee. Let me know when you're ready to come out and play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what all you've made! That skirt is awesome! I have been feeling similarly because of the cold LOL It just makes me wanna read a book in bed or hibernate until Spring. I love that you're crafty. It's such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete