Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Five years and a new dress

Hubby and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary this past weekend in Hot Springs, VA.  We stayed at a beautiful Bed and Breakfast, the King's Victorian Inn.  (Highly Recommended!)  We rented the small Honeymoon Cottage on the property.  It was an adorable little private one bedroom cottage next to the main house.  We had our privacy but were also able to enjoy breakfast daily in the main house.

During our visit in Hot Springs, we had a chance to explore the many historic landmarks in the area and visit a local park/lake.  The weather was beautiful and the rolling hillsides of pastures and farms made us both long for the country life.  It was a great trip and for once...nothing went wrong!

Also, I made a new dress for our trip.  I am calling it my Anniversary Dress!  It's by far my favorite one!  Here are some pictures of our trip! 

The King's Victorian Inn

 An old swing in a 100 year old Buckeye Tree...and me in my anniversary dress.



 The grounds of the Inn were absolutely beautiful!
Ha!  I actually got a picture of him smiling!

 Jackson River

 Lake Moomaw

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! I'm so glad you guys had such a great trip--it looks like a beautiful spot to get away. We're back from one short trip and about to go to Kentucky. Hope to see you soon!

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a gorgeous place! So lovely! Thanks for sharing and Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete