Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

Today is a day that folks all over the US will be gathering with their loved ones, eating tons of yummy food and perusing the paper for Black Friday ads.  People will be giving thanks, playing football and watching parades.  The holiday season is officially in full swing.  I am sitting here in the early morning, drinking some tea and gearing up for the day.  Cornbread is cooked and roasted root vegetables are simmering in the crockpot.  This morning we will head over to my parents house to share in thanks with my family.  This will be one of the first years we will not be joined by extended family.  An intimate Thanksgiving, if you will.  This year my brother raised and butchered the turkey (aunts and uncles and cousins who aren't joining us are missing out :-)  I am looking forward to the homegrown goodness!  

I am thankful for so many things this year...My wonderful husband who is patient and kind, hard working and funny...My family, an amazing group of people who inspire me everyday...My friends, both old and new...Our new church that we love, a community of awesome people...I am thankful for events that have unfolded in the last year that have brought me closer in my relationship with God...I am thankful for food and shelter and the warmth of a home...I am thankful for insulin and good doctors, things that help me live a healthy life...I am thankful everyday for this wonderful life I have been given.  

I hope you all find many things in which you are thankful for today and throughout this Holiday season.  Oh, and I am thankful I don't have to do any shopping on Black Friday (be careful ya'll!).  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment