Saturday, November 20, 2010

No Short Cuts

Current Blood sugar: 97

Today's prompt: Short Cuts – Are there any diabetes short cuts you have learned over the years?

I take short cuts to the mall.  I take short cuts sometimes when I am cleaning, cooking, and doing general housework...hehehe...don't tell my hubby!  I take the short cut to my friend's farm when we go walking,.  I will generally take any short cut I can find in any aspect of life, assuming that short cut doesn't end badly...think..."I can take this back road and get us there 10 minutes faster" only to end up getting lost and adding 10 minutes to the original drive time.  This may or may not have happened to someone's hubby last night :-)

But, diabetes short cuts?  I don't take any short cuts when it comes to my health.  I cant honestly even think of any thing that you could short cut in diabetes, much less something that wouldn't have negative consequences.  It's as simple as that....short cuts in diabetes don't exist in my everyday life.  There is no reducing the time required to maintain my health.  Maybe I am missing something?  What kinds of short-cuts do you take? 

No comments:

Post a Comment